Sunday, December 5, 2010

Back in the saddle

Let me start by saying it's been a while.  I haven't written a post in a month, and I have missed it immensely.  You're probably thinking to yourself, "Well if you missed it so much, why didn't you just write a post?"

And I say to you, good question!  Allow me to attempt an explanation.  It's been a busy fall.  You may not think it, but writing 2-3 blog posts a week takes a significant amount of time and mental energy.  My real job has kept me quite busy as of late, as well.  On top of that, every weekend since Halloween has been jam packed with social events that I just HAD to attend.  After all, a single girl can't write a blog about dating if she's at home on the couch every Friday night :)

Then, there was a thing with a guy that sidetracked me for a while.  This caused somewhat of a dilemma for me.  My blog is based on my personal experiences.  I write what I know.  I knew whatever I wrote during that time would reflect on my current situation, and before this particular situation, none of the guys I wrote about ever made it past two dates.  There was no harm in writing about them or how I felt about it because they were no longer in my life.  What did I care if they happened upon my blog some day?  This was different.  I could be held accountable for anything I wrote in my real day to day life.  So, I chose not to write and now I am sorry.

I am sorry because I have preached many times about how important communication is, yet I stopped writing out of fear of being too honest and revealing too much about myself to that other person.  I am sorry because I have a tendency to start things only to drop them weeks later, and I want this to be different.  Most of all, I am sorry because I stopped doing something I love.  I stopped doing something that already made me incredibly happy for something I thought had the potential to make me happy.

Lesson learned.  The bitch is back.  And I just came home from watching "Burlesque", so I'm feeling sassier than ever. 

What does this mean going forward? It means that I will be writing every week come hell or high water.  If I'm so insanely busy that I don't have time for a social life and I'm eating peanut butter and my mother's homemade jam on rice crackers everyday for supper because I don't have time to cook or buy groceries, I will still write.  If I can't drag my single, hungover ass out of bed because I've gone out dancing every Friday and Saturday night for five weekends in a row, I will still write (from my bed with Chinese delivery). If hell freezes over, pigs fly and I actually get involved with a normal, single, honest man in a real, legitimate relationship, I will still write.  I will just warn him that anything he does may or may not end up on my blog.

Yes, if that happens my blog will have to evolve.  It will be more about relationships and less about dating. But when it all comes down to it, isn't this blog all about my narcissistic need to write about myself?  Does it really matter what the subject matter is other than me?  I'm just kidding!

Well ... mostly.

Until next time and happy fishing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment